Town Hall office closed Dec. 6th for training. Use drive-thru or night deposit.

Water and Sewer Maintenance

Contact Team Members
the guys down in a ditch fixing a sewer line

Maintaining Corydon's Infrastructure

Working Hard for You Every Day

The Maintenance Department is responsible for:

For Water Main Breaks and Down Power Lines call Harrison County Dispatch at 812-738-3911.

Superintendent Huff

Danny Huff

Superintendent of Water and Sewer
Crew Member Carver

Elmer Carver

Maintenance Crew Member
Crew Member Lang

Ellis Lang

Crew Member

Water and Sewer Maintenance

Contact Information






219 N. Capitol Ave.
Corydon, IN 47112

Maintaining Corydon's Infrastructure FAQ

  • What do I do if my sewer backs up?

    If your sewer backs up, call a plumber. Most sewer back up issues occur due to an issue in the resident’s sewer line. If the plumber determines that the back up issue has occurred because of a clog in the main line, call the Town Hall. The Water and Sewer Maintenance Department will jet the main sewer line.

  • What should I do if my water turns brown?

    Flush the cold-water side of your faucet or spicket for five minutes. If this does not clear the water, call the Town Hall and ask someone to come and flush your system.

  • Is the brown water harmful to me and my family?

    No. The water is tested on a regular basis to ensure that the levels of manganese in the water are safe. This testing is overseen by the state agency, IDEM (Indiana Department of Environmental Management).

  Copyright 2021 Town of Corydon.
All rights reserved.