The Water Department is responsible for ensuring the water treatment system is working effectively, hazard free, and in good repair.
PROTECT YOUR DRINKING WATER!
BELOW ARE A FEW WAYS TO PROTECT BOTH YOUR SOURCE AND DRINKING WATER
• Don’t flush old medications (Bring to Sheriff’s Department)
• Don’t flush wipes (even those that say “flushable”)
• Do not pour pesticides, herbicides, and other household chemical wastes on the ground or into septic systems
• Do not over apply agricultural products and byproducts such as fertilizer, herbicide, pesticides, and manure.
• Never apply fertilizer, herbicide, pesticides, and manure within 200 feet of a public drinking water well
• Report all hazardous spills immediately to IDEM (Indiana Department of Environmental Management’s 24-hour hotline at 1-888-233-7745.
For questions contact the Corydon Water Department at 812-738-4649.
219 N. Capitol Ave.
Corydon, IN 47112
No. The water is tested on a regular basis to ensure that the levels of manganese in the water are safe. This testing is overseen by the state agency, IDEM (Indiana Department of Environmental Management).
Yes. Twice a year, usually in April and October, the Town flushes all the main water pipes.
Copyright 2022 Town of Corydon.
All rights reserved.