Job Title: Town Administrative Manager
Pay Status: Salaried/Exempt
General Statement of Duties:
- Implements and upholds policy set by Corydon Town Council
- Administers the execution and enforcement of all Resolutions, Ordinances, and directives of the Town Council.
- Provides adequate information for Town Council to reach sound decisions.
- Administers affairs of all departments of Town of Corydon.
- Directs all employees in the performance of their duties.
Exercises supervision over all Town of Corydon personnel
- Assists in the development and implementation of goals, objectives, programs, policies and priorities for the Town of Corydon.
- Supervises and trains technical and professional staff.
- Plans, assigns, schedules, and supervises employees in the operation and maintenance of the Town.
- Provides Town Council with relevant documents, reports, correspondence, and memorandum necessary for the function of their duties.
- Directs the hiring process for all incoming employees including applications, interviews, and recommendations for hire.
- Responds to all municipal inquiries and complaints from the general citizenry and directs problems to the appropriate resource for solutions.
- Reports regularly to Town Council regarding progress towards objectives, financial status, and other pertinent issues.
- Attends all Town Council meetings.
- Deals effectively with the public, other government organizations, and regulatory agencies.
- Assists Clerk Treasurer in preparation of annual budget, interviews department supervisors regarding budgetary needs, attends hearing with Board of Local Finance.
- Provides input to Town Council in the determination of salaries and wages for town employees.
- Assists in the preparation of specifications for bids and quotes for Town projects. Completes follow up documents including letters to proceed, certificates of insurance, etc.
- Acts as a liaison between Town Council and Boards, Commissions, and Committees and attends meetings as needed.
- Serves on all Standing Committees designated by Town Council, including Personnel, Finance, Utility, and other ad hoc committees.
- Designates Supervisor meetings and creates memorandum of such meetings.
- Prepares and administers job performance evaluations.
- Explores alternative funding sources including grants.
During the normal course of performing assigned tasks, and must be capable of the following:
- Standing, walking, kneeling, bending, twisting, reaching.
- Climbing stairs.
- Coordinated precise detailed work using fingers, hands, and wrists.
- Reading, speaking, writing, and comprehending the English language fluently.
- Seeing in the normal visual range with or without correction; accessing information on computer screens and printed documents; discerning details of objects both up close and at a distance; discerning depth perception; discerning differences among colors, including shade of color.
- Hearing in the normal audio range with or without correction
- Operating a motor vehicle.
- The above statements are intended to describe the nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this position. They do not represent an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities associated with this job. Management reserves the right to revise or amend duties at any time.
- A valid driver’s license and a satisfactory driving record.
- Principles of management, supervision, training, and budgeting.
- Human resources
- Municipal finance
- Operation of municipal utility
- Municipal infrastructures
- Computers, programs, internet and necessary office equipment
- Safe working practices
- Provide professional, accurate, courteous, and effective service to the Town of Corydon.
- Exercise strong administrative, management, leadership, and organizational skills.
- Plan, assign, schedule, and coordinate work of employees in all areas of town operation
- Exercise good judgement
- Communicate clearly and concisely, orally and written.
- Supervise, train, and evaluate employees.
- Identify community needs and develop cost effective plans to meet those needs.
- Establish and/or implement goals, objective, procedures, and priorities.
- Demonstrate positive, productive attitude to employees and citizens
- Develop strong intergovernmental relationships
- Procure alternative funding sources/grants.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelors Degree in management or related field
- Five years experience in management
- Or equivalent combination of education and experience.
The employer will make reasonable accommodation in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. The Town of Corydon is an Equal Opportunity Employer.